Friday, October 15, 2010

Bread Machine Bread

Hey Ladies. Today Spencer asked for my bread recipes...so I thought I'd post them here as well since I've given them to many of you in the past. Obviously you can let them go in your bread machine on the white bread cycle or do like me and put them in the dough cycle and bake it in your oven.

This is the basic white bread recipe I base my bread off of:
White Bread
1 cup plus 2T water
2 T soft butter or margarine
3 c bread flour
1 T dry milk*
1 1/2 t salt
2 T sugar
3 t yeast

*Me and my white bread expert father have never noticed a difference in the bread with or without the dry milk.

Place all ingredients in bread machine in order listed. If using delay timer, make a well for the yeast in the dry ingredients so that it doesn't come in contact with the water until it begins to mix.

Julie's Bread (you'll see it's very close to above)
1 cup plus 2T water
2 T oil (olive, vegetable, corn, canola, whatever)
2 c bread flour (mine are slightly heaping cups)
1 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 t salt
2 T brown sugar (I just dump 4 heaping teaspoons)
3 t yeast

Dinner Rolls (can use white bread or this for hamburger buns)
1 c water
1 egg
2 T soft margarine, butter or oil
3 1/4 c bread flour
1 t salt
1/4 cup sugar
3 t yeast

Makes 12-16 hamburger buns or 24 dinner rolls

No comments: