Friday, June 20, 2008

Cobbler!!

Here is a great basic cobbler recipe that is delicious! I've made it several times recently with blueberries and multiple people told me it was the best cobbler they have ever had...so I thought I would share!

3 cups of fruit (peeled if needed and brushed with lemon for fruits that turn brown)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
4 Tablespoons melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, and beaten egg in a bowl. Stir by hand until it forms coarse balls. Place fuit in a 9x9 pan. Spread flour mixture over top. Drizzle melted over top. Bake for 30 minutes. If you want the top more brown, put oven on broil for 2-3 min, or until browned to your desire.

If you like more of the topping part of the cobbler (like I do) increase the flour and sugar by about 1/2 cup each and add part of an additional egg.

1 comment:

Danielle Kagy said...

I made this with my fresh blackberries and it is wonderful! Thanks Darcy.